Import GitLab-located model into another model

Started by JoCriSem, May 19, 2021, 12:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoCriSem

Hi, I am using the collaboration plugin to store my models in GitLab.  Some of the models need to be imported into new models, but am unsure how to do that.

When saving the .archimate files locally, one just picks up the required .archimate file and done.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks.
Johan.

Phil Beauvoir

A model that is used in the Collaboration Workspace is saved as a "temp.archimate" file at a location like:

path_to_folder/model-repository/repository_name/.git/temp.archimate

But the the ".git" folder might be hidden on Mac and Linux, so you'd need to show hidden files.

Alternately:

1. In the History View select the latest commit
2. Right click and select "Extract model from this commit"
3. Select the model in the Models Tree
4. Edit Model name and save somewhere
5. Import it
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

JoCriSem

Thanks Phil.  The .git folder was the evil element  :D

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Another way of getting the model stored on git in the .archimate format is simply to do a "File > Save As". You'll end up with a copy of you model that you can then import into another model.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on May 19, 2021, 17:00:31 PM
Hi,

Another way of getting the model stored on git in the .archimate format is simply to do a "File > Save As". You'll end up with a copy of you model that you can then import into another model.

Regards,

JB

D'oh! I missed the obvious...  ;)