Using GitHub Actions to create the HTML report

Started by dsample, June 30, 2021, 17:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsample

I thought I'd share something I've got working in the last couple of days, as I think it may be of interest to others here.

We use GitHub and having created a repository to start uing coArchi I was keen to make the model viewable to others around the company without having to install Archi. I have found a way to automate the report generation process and now have a (private) GitHub Pages hosted version of the HTML report.

I managed to wrap Archi into a Docker image and I've written some instructions for how to use it both manually through 'docker run' and also using GitHub Actions. This can be found on GitHub.

I hope this is useful for others :)

Xiaoqi

tdalseide

Really handy to have a Docker image with Archi installed! I've used this for GitLab CI in order to produce a jasper-report as PDF. The .gitlab-ci.yml is here: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/2180614.

There are some use cases for using jArchi as well, that could be a nice addon for the image.

-TJ

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: tdalseide on September 26, 2021, 14:37:08 PM
Really handy to have a Docker image with Archi installed! I've used this for GitLab CI in order to produce a jasper-report as PDF. The .gitlab-ci.yml is here: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/2180614.

There are some use cases for using jArchi as well, that could be a nice addon for the image.

-TJ

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forums!

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

whemix

I'm in the process of figuring out the same thing for our team using Azure DevOps Pipeline.

I'm a novice when it comes to setting up CI/CD pipelines.  Any pointers that can potentially help this process easier would be appreciated.

whemix

I managed to do the same using Azure DevOps using Azure Pipeline.  In my case I wanted to generate all the possible reporting formats - HTML, PDF, ODT, PPT, DOCX, ODT, etc. and post it back to the repository.

Sharing the code here in case someone is trying to do the same or similar.

Note I have forked dsample's archi-docker and changed the following:

• modified build-report.sh to output all possible report types
  • modified to use Archi v4.9.1 and Co-Archi v0.8.1.202112061132

blayde64

Those docker images are great... is anyone updating them for Archi 5?