jArchi throws an error when trying to create a CommunicationNetwork

Started by Hans.Downe, August 10, 2021, 16:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans.Downe

script fails when executing this line (Archi 4.8.1, jArchi 1.1.0 )

// Create a "CommunicationNetwork"
var NetworkZone1 = model.createElement("CommunicationNetwork", "NetworkZone-1");
console.log("Created new element: ", NetworkZone1.name);

The lines immediately previous were 2 CreateElement commands (a business role, and a business actor) and worked fine.
Thoughts?
ak

Phil Beauvoir

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hans.Downe

Of course you are right.  I made the change and it worked.  But why is the literal different from what appears in the CSV export?
ak

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Hans.Downe on August 10, 2021, 17:32:43 PM
Of course you are right.  I made the change and it worked.  But why is the literal different from what appears in the CSV export?
ak

All concepts use kebab case in jArchi to be in line with other selectors.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hans.Downe

Hey Phil, appreciate your help.  BTW I finally joined Patreon yesterday, which I'm really glad you set up.  I donated previous to Patreon.  Trying to guilt a few more people into doing the same.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Hans.Downe on August 10, 2021, 18:40:58 PM
Hey Phil, appreciate your help.  BTW I finally joined Patreon yesterday, which I'm really glad you set up.  I donated previous to Patreon.  Trying to guilt a few more people into doing the same.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Hans.Downe

Hi again.  Related question: can you point me to a jArchi user guide / API reference?  I was trying to do a "create-element" for a "path", didn't work but I could not find a user guide.  help?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Hans.Downe on August 12, 2021, 23:31:25 PM
Hi again.  Related question: can you point me to a jArchi user guide / API reference?  I was trying to do a "create-element" for a "path", didn't work but I could not find a user guide.  help?

Here's the wiki - https://github.com/archimatetool/archi-scripting-plugin/wiki

It's an open wiki so if you, or anyone, want to amend and contribute to it, please do.