Derived relationships?

Started by s_derix, October 11, 2021, 11:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s_derix

Hi,

Goal: I want to see the applications and information objects connected to the finance process.

I have modelled the finance proces in several seperate views.
So I have a seperate view for the processes Accounts Payable (crediteuren), Accounts receivable (debiteuren), etc.

So I have the following process: Finance (let's call this level 1)
Below that I have the Accounts Payable process (let's call this level 2)
Below this process I have several other processes (let's call this level 3)
Attached to the level 3 processes I have relationships with application components, application services and data objects.

I hoped/excpected that when I created a new view, dragged the level 1, or level 2 process to this view and then dragged the application component to this view a derived relationship would be shown...but the latter is not the case. I just see 2 components without a relationship.

Most likely it it just me making a huge thinking mistake... but is there a way i can create such a view without remodelling everything manually?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: s_derix on October 11, 2021, 11:15:04 AM
I hoped/excpected that when I created a new view, dragged the level 1, or level 2 process to this view and then dragged the application component to this view a derived relationship would be shown...but the latter is not the case. I just see 2 components without a relationship.

That's normal. There's no automation of derivation in Archi (and in fact in most tools). Only relationships that exist in your model will be shown automatically when adding an element to a view.

Quote from: s_derix on October 11, 2021, 11:15:04 AM
Most likely it it just me making a huge thinking mistake... but is there a way i can create such a view without remodelling everything manually?

Sorry, but no :-(

Only option would be to create a jArchi script to create interresting derived relationships so that they already exist in your model.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

s_derix

That's a shame.
Thanks for the reply!