emyrold

Hello,  I'm having issues trying to create a two-way flow flow relationship

Like this:
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.40.18 PM.png

Instead I'm getting this:
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.40.56 PM.png

Thanks for any help with this!

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, if you select one of the connections a selection handle (a dot) will appear in the centre of the connection. Grab this with the mouse cursor and drag it left or right.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

emyrold

Hi, I just resized the Application Server object to make it bigger and it then let me move the connection without snapping back to the other connector.  It seems when my object was smaller it only had one connection point so when I added the second flow relationship it kept snapping to the same connection point.  Is there a way to add additional connection points on the object or do I just need to resize the object like I just did? 

Here is a new screen shot:
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.51.43 AM.png

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, you don't need to resize the element. Just move the connections out of the way first by selecting the centre dot drag point. A new connection will always be made in the mid-point between two elements so just ensure there is space there.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

emyrold

Maybe you can look at what I'm doing and help me, sorry, I missing something.

Here is a small screen recording:

Phil Beauvoir

You need to drag the centre dot handle of a connection, not the end.

emyrold

wow, I swear I tried that...  anyway thanks, got it now, resized everything back to original proportions

Again, thank you!