pb with merge into my branch

Started by wnad, January 24, 2022, 16:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wnad

when I try to merge master into my branche i have a error message "files is not directory or folder.xlm does not exist" ...what is wrong ?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

It is very likely due to some conflicting view editing and folder reorganization. See this issue and I'm sure it will match what you've done. This used to generate model corruption or information lost, but this is now better managed. To solve this, you have to figure out what change was made on the folder hierarchy by your colleagues and do it manually on your side.

If you still face some trouble to solve this, please open an issue here.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

wnad

error when merge my branch into the master
i did'not deplace or rename a folder
i'm alone working on my branch

si how can i resolve this problem please

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: wnad on January 25, 2022, 12:32:57 PMi did'not deplace or rename a folder
i'm alone working on my branch

This error can only appear when some changes have been done remotely AND locally, and is always the result of some changes in folder hierarchy.

As explained, this is not the place to solve issue. Please open an issue on GitHub explaining exactly and in details what you've done (ideally a reproductable set of steps).

Regards,

JB

Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Some additionnal remark:

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on January 25, 2022, 13:55:21 PMThis error can only appear when some changes have been done remotely AND locally, and is always the result of some changes in folder hierarchy.

If you work on your own branch, then any change done remotely to master is a remote change when you try to merge your  branch into it. So there must be someone who did move some view or folder on master, and that's why merging your branch on master fails.

Regards,

JB

wnad

i must resolve this problem for the branch of one of our collaborators

now

when on is branch doing a merge on master or a publish he have the message : cannot pull into a repository with state merge_resolved
 impossible to merge master and he branch

already on master a lot of repertories have disappeared since the last time I merge master in mybranch ...I don't know why... many people works on collaborate model ..i don't know what happenned and i see nothing strange in gitlab.. sorry but whe must find a solution

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: wnad on January 25, 2022, 14:41:53 PMi must resolve this problem for the branch of one of our collaborators

now

[...]sorry but whe must find a solution

Archi is an open source solution and neither Phil nor I are your supplier. YOU might have to find a solution NOW, but we don't.

The process to get some FREE help is to open an issue on GitHub and provide as much information as possible (version of Archi, coArchi, steps to reproduce...). Then, depending on the information provided and the FREE time we have, we'll try to help you.

Regards,

JB

wnad