Archi is taking longer and longer to start

Started by Martine, February 08, 2022, 12:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine

Hello everyone.
I am currently testing the use of Archi for my company and I am having a problem: opening is taking longer and longer: almost 5 minutes (timed) this morning, and this time is increasing every day.
I installed Archi on a personal directory, on a network drive  (our company policy does not allow installing in Program files).
The Archimate file is only  211 kB, I don't have many concepts modeled it seems to me (at least compared to everything we have to model!)
My PC is not saturated.
I post this call for help, for it is a brake on the validation of the use of Archi and I hope hopefully we can lift it.
Does anyone have any idea of ​​a possible cause?
Thank you.
Martine

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

Does it take a long time if you open Archi with no models open in the Models tree?

I think this is probably a network problem. Try the same on a non-network installation.

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Martine

Hello Phil,
thank you very much for your quick response!
If I open the Archi exe which is on the network without a model => same thing
But if I open an exe which is on my PC with a file which is on the network disk, it works, I have a normal opening time!
I need to leave the file on the network to be backed up, but not the executable, so this solution works fine for me, thanks a lot !
Can you confirm that there is only the ".archimate" file to save?
Thank you!
Martine

Phil Beauvoir

Yes, only the *.archimate file is saved.

You might want to ask your network admins to look at the issue.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Martine

OK, thanks for your response and advice!
I can continue my POC with confidence :-)
Regards
Martine