z-index for elements of a view

Started by rramillien, February 25, 2022, 22:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rramillien

Dear JArchi users and designers,

I'm creating an export script to render views as custom HTML.
Thanks to the great jArchi API, it works like a charm for now. Except one thing. I need a z-index for the elements that are not nested in others ones.

For example, if I drop an artifact to a node (or anything else), the artifact will be nested in the node. So I can  easily create an image map over the node then over the artifact and order them accordingly to the parent/child hierarchy.

But if I drop an element over another one without nesting it, because there is no parent on one or another, I cannot know which one is below or above the other.

A kind of z-index is certainly available in EMF, but how can I handle this with JArchi ?
Did I missed something in the documentation or do I have to call eclipse framework ?
If so, do you have an example ? I would save me a lot of time in researchs !

Best regards,

RĂ©gis Ramillien

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Are you asking to query (get) the z-order or set the z-order using jArchi?

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: rramillien on February 25, 2022, 22:02:11 PMA kind of z-index is certainly available in EMF, but how can I handle this with JArchi ?

There's no real z-index: the elements are drawn in the order of appearance, so if two elements share some screen real estate, then the last one listed on the view (and thus the collection of elements) is on top.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

rramillien

I was asking to get the z order.

Thank you for the information. I will try soon to draw them in the same order than jarchi gives them to me. But I had a bug and it is "bizarre", because I normaly do not reorder them before drawing.

Best regards