coArchi 0.8.3

Started by Phil Beauvoir, April 05, 2022, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Beauvoir

Hi folks,

I've just released coArchi 0.8.3:

https://www.archimatetool.com/plugins/#coArchi

This update uses the latest JGit and Apache SSHD libraries to allow for better and stronger SSH key types. I've also added an option in the Collaboration Preferences to allow for more than one SSH key file. This will scan your ~/.ssh directory for all key files, in case you need different ones for different remote hosts.

See https://github.com/archimatetool/archi-modelrepository-plugin/wiki/Setup-and-Configuration

and

https://github.com/archimatetool/archi-modelrepository-plugin/wiki/SSH-Authentication
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Xiaoqi

Hi Phil,

Thanks for this! I upgraded to 0.8.3 two days before and it's running fine after upgrading.

Just found little strange thing today, I have loaded multiple models in the Workspace, two observations --

1) After I saved one workspace model to a local file, then close this local model file, and I found the Toggle Collaboration Workspace is not clickable as I want to double-click the online model to open it; however at this time, the icon can still be clickable but that only show/hide the panel. Can only close the Archi Tool.

2) When I new open the Archi Tool, this unclickable on Toggle Collaboration Workspace model list is again happened, but wait for about 1 minutes, it's working.

Still trying to look and feel more pattern, but this kind of performance issue was not awared in previous version 0.8.2.

For your information, thanks.
Xiaoqi

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Xiaoqi.

Are you saying that sometimes when you click the toolbar icon, "Toggle Collaboration Workspace", nothing happens? It should just show or hide the "Collaboration Workspace" panel.

Phil
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Xiaoqi

Hi Phil,

Clicking the toolbar icon is always OK, what I mean is in the panel, at that problem time, I cannot click the different model name to switch among models.

Regards, Xiaoqi

Phil Beauvoir

Do you mean that if you double-click on an item in the Collaboration Workspace panel nothing happens, or that you can't select anything in the list (i.e it's unresponsive)?

How many items are in the Collaboration Workspace list?

Do you have "Fetch in background" turned off?

Are you using SSH?

Xiaoqi

Hi Phil,

During those observed period (now I'm working in one of the model and not yet see that again), it was no response when I either single or double clicking, felt like the panel itself was frozen.

As attached picture, I'm currnetly have 3 models in the workspace.

The SSH "Scan .ssh folder for identity files" is unchecked.

Thanks,
Xiaoqi

Phil Beauvoir

Do you have "Fetch in background" turned off?

> The SSH "Scan .ssh folder for identity files" is unchecked.

OK, but do any of the repos use SSH? Or are they all HTTPS?

Xiaoqi

Sorry Phil, forgot to mention, No, we have "refresh remote model status in the background" unchecked always.

and, none of current models are using SSH.

Phil Beauvoir

The only other thing I can think of is that there is a background task that runs every 5 seconds when the Collaboration Workspace is open. This polls the root folder of your repositories (set in Preferences) to look for any changes. Is this folder on a network or constrained in any way that might cause a freeze?

Xiaoqi

thanks, I agree that may mainly coming from backend network performance.

Yes, although the folder is in my local PC, we by default the repositories are stored in my roaming profile, and this profile indeed is synchronized to my company's AD server infrastructure, folder stores the repository like below:

C:\Users\<employeeID>\AppData\Roaming\Archi4\model-repository\<modelName>

At least it is now working fine, will keep observing this and hopefully can capture actual factors inter-related.

Thanks again.
Xiaoqi