Adding global properties

Started by crm, August 05, 2022, 14:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crm

I am somewhat a beginner in the Archi world. I have been struggling to add global properties to types. Example: I want to add complexity and a maturity score to all capabilities across the model. Whenever I do this it appears only in that view and for that capability. I'm sure I have overlooked something but where do I add properties that cut across all current and future instances that I have in my model?

Alberto

QuoteI want to add complexity and a maturity score to all capabilities across the model.
I believe you are referring to Profiles, that was in the original proposal for adding Specializations to Archi, but don't think it has been implemented yet. 

Xiaoqi

Quote from: crm on August 05, 2022, 14:20:23 PMI am somewhat a beginner in the Archi world. I have been struggling to add global properties to types. Example: I want to add complexity and a maturity score to all capabilities across the model. Whenever I do this it appears only in that view and for that capability. I'm sure I have overlooked something but where do I add properties that cut across all current and future instances that I have in my model?

Hello,

Welcome to Archi World! ;-)
I think you may need to explore the jArchi plug-in, by whick you can code some simple lines with selection scope then add properties in batch.
However, I think there will not be the same value for different capability element on the properties, so that will be your choice on what are the group of elements that can apply with same property (both key and value).

Good luck,
Xiaoqi