issue installing Archi on Windows - ExceptionInInitializerError

Started by Radhika, September 20, 2022, 14:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radhika

Hi All,

I am a Business architect at SKA observatory. A radio astronomy research establishement.
I am new to this community and I recently discovered Archi and am looking to use it in our organisation.
I downloaded the latest version but I am facing ExceptionInInitializerError on installation, when i try to start creating a new model. The pallete window is not loading.

Am i missing something?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Phil Beauvoir

I think that can happen if you use Windows display custom scaling that is not 100% or 200% (i.e. 125% or 150%). Please try with the Windows display scaling set to 100% or 200%.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

In the next version of Archi, it won't lead to such an error as the scaling for the palette cursors will default to 100% in this case.

I think you can set scaling settings and DPI if you right click on the Archi executable file, choose Properties and Compatibility tab with the "Change high DPI" button. See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-high-dpi-settings-classic-apps-windows-10-april-2018-update
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.