Auditing an Archi View For Compliance with jArchi

Started by smileham, October 04, 2022, 13:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smileham

Just wanted to let you folks know that I've knocked up a jArchi script to support auditing an Archi view for compliance purposes.

Hopefully its useful!

https://smileham.co.uk/2022/10/04/auditing-an-archi-view-for-compliance-with-jarchi/

Phil Beauvoir

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Thank you for sharing. I wanted to do similar thing but never found time.

In fact this feature is meant to be part of my framework for viewpoint management which (will) work as follows:

I have a dedicated model (my "Viewpoint Library") which contains one folder for each of my custom viewpoints. Each folder is named after the viewpoint, has a documentation (describing the viewpoint), a set of properties (see here), and contains several views:
- several sample views with their documentation field used to comment them
- a "Metamodel" view which provides the list of allowed concepts, and some comments (through the documentation field). This view could become your audit view.

I can then run a script (I already have a first MVP) which "convert" this content to a real archi-plugin which (when installed) overrides the viewpoint.xml which comes by default, so you can use these new viewpoints in your models. This plugin also comes with its own help content providing access to the viewpoint definitions, examples and metamodel diagram (this last part is not in my MVP).

It is also possible to add custom archi cheat sheets to this plugin and make them launch embedded jArchi scripts (I also have a MVP for that), making it easier for end-users to run scripts which are related to your methodology and set of viewpoints (including scripts to initiate views through some temmplates, and of course your audit script).

For those interrested I can provide more information.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

smileham

That sounds excellent!

I was thinking of producing an "Audit" view per Viewpoint for a similar purpose.

Any idea when your plugin would be available?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: smileham on October 04, 2022, 15:04:30 PMAny idea when your plugin would be available?

It won't be a plugin, but a jArchi script to create a plugin (!). I have no real timeline for it (too many things on my backlog), but I can share my MVP (e.g. on GitHub). If you or someone else want to contribute, I can also write a bit more on the design.

Regards,

JB

smileham

Absolutely, would love to see your progress (and would contribute if able!)