CLI error

Started by Alberto, October 13, 2023, 13:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberto

All, I'm in a new role and new setup, and I'm trying to recreate my old workflow of regularly publishing HTML reports via CLI. However, I'm not able to do even the basic tasks like open a model or create an empty model. What am I doing wrong?

C:\> "c:\Program Files\Archi\Archi.exe" -p -application com.archimatetool.commandline.app -consolelog -nosplash --createEmptyModel "archi.archimate"

WARNING: Using incubator modules: jdk.incubator.vector, jdk.incubator.foreign
java.io.IOException: archi.archimate does not exist
        at com.archimatetool.commandline.providers.CreateEmptyModelProvider.createEmptyModelFromTemplate(CreateEmptyModelProvider.java:82)
        at com.archimatetool.commandline.providers.CreateEmptyModelProvider.run(CreateEmptyModelProvider.java:67)
        at com.archimatetool.commandline.CentralScrutinizer.runProviderOptions(CentralScrutinizer.java:164)
        at com.archimatetool.commandline.CentralScrutinizer.start(CentralScrutinizer.java:82)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:136)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:402)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:596)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1467)

Press RETURN to continue...

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, the --createEmptyModel doesn't take an argument if you are only creating an empty model. If you do supply an argument it must be to a template file (.architemplate) and the full path to that file must be given.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Alberto