Where can I see who created an element or view?

Started by Yost67, October 24, 2023, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yost67

I want to see who created an element or view (and its creation date and time). I expected it to be shown in the Properties pane, under Properties. But it isn't. I cant's seem to find it anywhere else. Is it shown somewhere in the Archi interface?

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, sorry, but this information is not tracked and recorded in Archi. In coArchi one can track overall changes for a commit in the History tab.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Yost67

Thanks, Phil.

Am I correct in seeing that in the coArchi History tab, only the change notice during commit is logged with a user? I do not seem to be able to see what new elements are added with a commit. Right?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Yost67 on October 26, 2023, 12:14:46 PMThanks, Phil.

Am I correct in seeing that in the coArchi History tab, only the change notice during commit is logged with a user? I do not seem to be able to see what new elements are added with a commit. Right?

Yes, that's correct.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Alberto

Not exactly answers the question but someone posted on topic=1416 a script that displays the history of a view as part of the HTML report. If you publish HTML reports on the regular, it won't tell you who made the change, but at least when a view changed.  It's the closest thing I've seen to a historical track aside from diving into GIT.

romuald

I use notes in view to have the date and the author or the changer of the view (properties of the view).
I wrote a little script which is updating the properties with the current date and bend it to CTRL+S (the script is also saving the model)

//Script to put date of the day in the property "Date de mise à jour"

model.save(); // save the model, you can set a short key to CTRL+S

// Get current date
var currentDate = currentDate || new Date();

let Month = currentDate.getMonth() + 1;
let myName = "Romuald RICHARD";

try{
var view = selection.filter("archimate-diagram-model").first();

// Create a new note and set its text
view.prop("Date de mise à jour", currentDate.getDate() + "/" + Month + "/" + currentDate.getFullYear());
view.prop("Auteur", myName);
console.log("Date changée pour " + view.name);

}catch(err)
{
var elem = selection.filter("element").first();
// Create a new note and set its text
elem.prop("Date de mise à jour", currentDate.getDate() + "/" + Month + "/" + currentDate.getFullYear());
elem.prop("Mise à jour par", myName);
console.log("Date changée pour " + elem.name);

var view = elem.view;
view.prop("Date de mise à jour", currentDate.getDate() + "/" + Month + "/" + currentDate.getFullYear());
view.prop("Auteur", myName);
console.log("Date changée pour " + view.name);

}
console.log(currentDate.toString());

romuald

More elegant script which is working with anything :

//Script to put date of the day in the property "Date de mise à jour"
// and Author in "Auteur"

// Get current date
var currentDate = currentDate || new Date();

let Month = currentDate.getMonth() + 1;
let myName = "Romuald RICHARD";

$(selection).each(function(concept) {
concept.prop("Date de mise à jour", currentDate.getDate() + "/" + Month + "/" + currentDate.getFullYear());
concept.prop("Auteur", myName);
console.log("Date changée pour " + concept.name);
    });

model.save(); // save the model, you can set a short key to CTRL+S