How to use a Property's value in the Documentation property's value

Started by rvaneerd, January 23, 2024, 12:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvaneerd

Hi there,

This may be a newbe question but somehow I'm not able to find an answer to the following (maybe because I'm not using the right keywords):

I have configured a propery "Jira Ticket" which I can successfully use in the Label area by using: ${property:Jira Ticket}.
Now I am wondering whether it would be possible to include that same value inside the value of the Documentation property like this:
https://<our-org>.atlassian.net/browse/${property:Jira Ticket}

Reason for this is that we're using Jira for our "work-in-progress" and I am trying to link our "Workpackages" to these Jira tickets.

So what I'm after is that, when using this in the reports, the URL would be auto-completed and useable so one click on it and open the proper Jira Ticket.

Related question (but maybe better to create a separate topic for this is) is to use the generated URL as a means to make ArchiMateTool elements clickable.
Does anyone know whether that is feasable?

Regards,
Rob.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

Label expressions are only evaluated in the elements and relations in Views (diagrams), so using a label expression in the documentation field won't do anything. You'll have put the URL in the documentation field manually.

QuoteRelated question (but maybe better to create a separate topic for this is) is to use the generated URL as a means to make ArchiMateTool elements clickable.
Does anyone know whether that is feasable?

If you mean a clickable URL in elements in a View then, sorry, that's not supported.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

rvaneerd

Thanks for your response Phil.
Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on January 23, 2024, 13:13:38 PMLabel expressions are only evaluated in the elements and relations in Views (diagrams), so using a label expression in the documentation field won't do anything. You'll have put the URL in the documentation field manually.
Would it be possible to have the Documentation field (of selected / filtered elements) populated through a Script?

QuoteIf you mean a clickable URL in elements in a View then, sorry, that's not supported.
Thanks again.
It's a petty but so be it.

Regards,
Rob.

Phil Beauvoir

QuoteWould it be possible to have the Documentation field (of selected / filtered elements) populated through a Script?

I think it should be fairly simple to create such a jArchi script.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: rvaneerd on January 23, 2024, 13:29:40 PMWould it be possible to have the Documentation field (of selected / filtered elements) populated through a Script?

Instead of generating such URL in the Documentation field, put it in a property (URL in properties are "clickable").

A potential script for this (untested) would look like this:
var ourOrg = '...';

$('concept').filter(function(c) {return c.prop('Jira Ticket') != null;}).each(function(c) {
  var ticket = c.prop('Jira Ticket');
  c.prop('Jira Ticket URL', 'https://' + ourOrg + '.atlassian.net/browse/' + ticket);
});

Regards,

JB