Export views.csv ?

Started by johmut, February 02, 2024, 08:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johmut

Hi,

I am happy to use elements.csv, properties.csv and relations.csv and import into Excel, do some PowerPivot magic and produce a PivotTable where I can do some meaningful queries and filters to generate tabular documentation.
Is it possible to also export views as a .csv, not the visuals, just the metadata (properties) and the elements that are shown on the views? The architectural relations are in relations.csv. What I am looking for here is the visual relations: Views showing elements, showing box-in-box contained elements, recursively (parent/child).

Possible? Other ideas to generate tabular documentation (catalog, matrices)

e.g.
1/ A matrix of Business Roles involved in Business Processes defined for Business Functions of a Capability?
2/ A view for a Business Process, showing the Business Function it helps to realize, the Business Objects it accesses, the Business Roles involved, triggering Business Events, the motivational elements, ....

TIA & BR,
Johan

Phil Beauvoir

For that particular use case, this is something that jArchi was designed for. I think some users have done something similar. There's an example export to csv with jArchi.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Another option is to use the SQL engine built-in the HTML report.

See this page for more information: https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/wiki/SQL-queries-in-the-HTML-report

You can export the data using the "SELECT ... INTO CSV('output.csv') FROM ..." syntax (see https://github.com/AlaSQL/alasql/wiki/Into for more details).

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

rchevallier

NB: the link on the page mentioned seems to be not accessible.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: rchevallier on February 12, 2024, 09:45:49 AMNB: the link on the page mentioned seems to be not accessible.

I've updated the link.

johmut

OK Guys, I will give it my best shot.