Single View 2 Single HTML script

Started by merty, February 18, 2024, 19:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merty

Hi everyone,

I was in need of a simple way to distribute our archimate views without the need of archi. Although there is an "Export to HTML" script out there, I needed something smaller & simpler.

So I created this script "view2singleHTML.ajs".
It will create a single HTML file with the view as SVG in it (scales easier when browser scales) and some CSS code.
  • If an element in the view has an "url" property, clicking on the element will follow that url, making it a simple way to create image-/clickmaps.
  • If an element has not an "url" property, but has documentation attached to it, it will generate a "popup window" providing this documentation.

CSS and HTML can be adjusted to your needs, "v2s.html" and "v2s_popup.html" in template directory under the directory the script is run will be used. So you can adjust the resulting HTML and also including the value of property you want from the templates

Because it only uses HTML, inline SVG and inline CSS, it is easier to incorperate this in many documentation tools, like in a sharepoint page as webcomponent.

Latest code can be found on Github : View2SingleHTML

Example:

Phil Beauvoir

Many thanks for sharing!

I edited your post so that the image displays.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Thank you for sharing. I'm sure I will reuse a big part of your code to enhanced my "Single Page HTML Export" script (which uses PNG and not SVG).

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.