How can i create a view that included all connections made to it

Started by bramasdf, March 25, 2024, 14:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bramasdf

Hello,

Im a new archi user and had a couple questions.
I am doing an internship where i have to map out all the used application etc.
I already made a large board consiting of the different bussines lines.
And for my later stages i would want to create a view for every different bussines line that shows which application that they use. Is there a way to automate this? like i click an my bussines actor and then create a view that shows all conections made by this certain actor?

Kind regards

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

there is the "Generate View For" command where a view is created for an element and all of its connections. See the section "Generate a View from Elements" in the Archi User Guide. If this is not sufficient, you could automate it with a jArchi script.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

bramasdf

Hi, thanks for the response. However the view is restricted.
For example i want to have a bussines actor connected to a procces, connected to a application service and then the application. When i try to generate a view. I only get the bussines actor and the proces. I would like to see the whole chain. Is that possible within archi itself or will a plugin be necesary?

Phil Beauvoir

Normally, a user will create custom Views by adding concepts manually from the Models Tree. If you have a particular requirement to add certain concepts to a View automatically then you'll need to create a jArchi script. Because Archi cannot support every unique and particular use case for all users we created jArchi, the scripting plug-in, to address this.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

bramasdf

Is there an exciting script? I just want a script that creates a view that includes all made conections by that object. This to easily see for example which applications a certain bussines actor uses?

I have found this but it does not seem to work = https://gist.github.com/jbsarrodie/9bcab008be7f7e75b737e43bfab43048

Phil Beauvoir

There is another way to (manually) add an element and all of its connected elements to a View:

1. Create a blank View
2. Select the element you require in the Models Tree
3. In the Properties window, select the "Analysis" tab
4. Drag and drop all the relations in the "Model Relations" table onto the View

bramasdf

I will try this out thank you

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on March 26, 2024, 10:49:12 AMThere is another way to (manually) add an element and all of its connected elements to a View:

1. Create a blank View
2. Select the element you require in the Models Tree
3. In the Properties window, select the "Analysis" tab
4. Drag and drop all the relations in the "Model Relations" table onto the View