Archi fails to start

Started by olerng, November 26, 2015, 08:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olerng

Hi,

recently I have encountered a problem when I try to start Archi. I see the following error message:

"An error has occurred. Se the log file null."

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Archi several times, but the problem is still there.

Hope someone can help me out here.

Best regards
Ole

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

it's hard to diagnose the problem without more info.

Archi version? OS version? Did you change your machine's setup? What changed?

Any more info can help!

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

olerng

I'm using Windows 8 and the latest version of Archi (3.3). I have not changed anything (if not Windows update has changed something), so it's kind of strange. The error message referred to the log file "null", so I guess there is no log file. But where can i find the log file if there is one?

Phil Beauvoir

Are you using the installer or the zip version of Archi? If the latter, did you install Java or change it?

Does Archi have full read/write access to its data directory? To its own folder? Are you using it on a network?

When you uninstalled, did you clean the install folder?
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

olerng

When I choose "run as administrator" everything workes fine. I didn't have to do this earlier, so it's kind of strange. But it works anyways. Thanks for your responses.

Best regards
Ole

Phil Beauvoir

Did you install as Administrator? Or do you use the zip version and unzip to location needing admin access?