I'm a little bit fed up....

Started by Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie, December 11, 2015, 08:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

I'm a little bit fed up with all those messages posted by new forum members that just start with something like "How can I do...in Archi" or "Could you add this...in Archi"! Please, if you've taken the time to create a profile, then you could also take 1 more minute to start your very first post with something like "Hello", "Thank you for having created Archi", "Archi is a wonderful tool"... and introduce yourself a little.

Is it still needed to explain that Archi only exists because of Phil own's work (and some of my small contribution) and that we (together with some other users) are taking personal time to answer your questions ?

Regards,

JB (Angry)
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

I can understand this sentiment.

It seems that the modus operandi here is to register on the forum, ask one question, get a reply and then leave without so much as a thank-you.

The idea for this forum was to provide a "self-help" space so that Archi users could support each other. That doesn't seem to have happened.

Phil
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

amicone

Hello,

I'm Andy, I just started using Archi.
It has saved me from working in a proprietary EA sub-architecture on spreadsheets.
I am very appreciative, it is a wonderful tool, thank you for creating it.
You are gentleman and scholars.

I am an ancient enterprise architect who has been around since the age when people thought Telelogic tools were cutting edge. I work in public health. Public health organizations in the U.S. have lots of problems and no money, so your contributions to open source are helping out with a good cause.

Feel better? :)

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Andy,

welcome and thanks for the introduction. It's always nice to know how Archi is being used, I hope that it turns out useful for you.

8)

Regards,

Phil

ChampagnePerry

Hi JB,
I am Paul and I am evaluating possible tools for my organisation.
I really like Archi and it seems streets ahead of many other tools I've looked at.
I hope if we go forward with this tool to play an active part in the forums and will share our experiences and suggestions as we go forward.
Currently playing with the practicalities of extending/adapting the MetaModel with a few extra concepts that I feel might be useful in our situation, also hoping to get started on seeing how easy it is to create new report templates to help our architects around the organisation to produce consistent documents.
I have no doubt I will have lots of "How Do I" questions as time goes on.
I'm used to using Sparx EA, Rhapsody, System Architect and any number of other tools.

Been modelling Software for many years and progressed to larger systems and service solutions so am familiar with SysML, UML, SoaML, MoDAF, OOSE, MDA, MDE .... and the list goes on (and on)

We will be using it for modelling public services for government (with any luck)

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Paul,

thanks for sharing your information with the Archi community. it sounds really interesting.

Regards,

Phil