Can't find and use features of the Open Group's ArchiMate exchange plugin(3.3.0)

Started by tknop, December 21, 2015, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tknop

Hi there,

I'm currently developing an exporter for Archi. This exporter should first export in Open Group's ArchiMate exchange format in a temp file, then I will process the temp file through an XSLT to transform it to ADMS-AP, an asset metadata description schema.

My problem is the following: the latest version 3.3.0 includes, by default, the Open Group's ArchiMate exchange plug-in sources. However, I cannot find them and use them in the sources I've download from Github. Moreover, when launching Archi through Eclipse, I see my exporter functionality (btw, thanks for the developer guide on this) but not the feature to export in Open Group's Archimate Exchange format.

Therefore, my question is: are the sources of the plugin included in v3.3.0 that is currently hosted on GitHub? (I took it from here : https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/releases). If yes, could you help me finding these? I've tried using the search of Eclipse but it gives no result when searching for the XMLModelExporter class for example.

Alternatively, I've tried to download the JARs of the plugin from Github, then include those JARs in my exporter project, adapt the build path, but the .class of the JAR are not in the /bin when I run the Archi configuration. I guess it is because it is not the plugin itself that is launched, but a product from another dependent projet. How could I include the JARs of the plugin so that I can use it in my exporter ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, the general location for all Archi source code is here:

https://github.com/archimatetool

And the code for TOG exchange here:

https://github.com/archimatetool/OpenGroupXMLExchange

You'll need to add that as a git repo in Eclipse and import the projects.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

tknop

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for your answer :) Makes indeed more sense.

Could you also perhaps tell me where I should add external JARs that I would like to use in my exporter? If I add them in the exporter project, then configure the build path of the exporter, the .class files from the JARs are not linked and cannot be found in /bin, I guess I need to somehow to add the JARs in the buildpath of another project (com.archimatetool.editor ?), but really not sure how. I tried different things, but nothing seems to work.

Many thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Phil Beauvoir

It depends. You may have to add them in two places. Have a look at some of the other projects in the Archi code. For example - com.archimatetool.jdom, com.archimatetool.jasperreports. Thes projects use jars.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

tknop

Thank you Phil.

I indeed missed on configuration step. Thanks a lot for the help. Works like a charm now.

All the best,