Question about reporting

Started by bdendulk, March 11, 2016, 14:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdendulk

Hi,

First of all I want to state that I'm a very happy user of Archi and fully appreciate the work that is put into the development of the tool!

I have a question on the correct use of jasper reports. Am I correct in the understanding that customisable reports can only be used when a model is created with the template Customisable report?

I have an existing model which contains a well organised repository with a folder structure and a number of views, some with quite a number of artefacts on them. Naturally I don't want to recreate the views and reorder the repository after importing the existing model via CSV.

Kind regards,

Bart den Dulk

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: bdendulk on March 11, 2016, 14:27:29 PM
Am I correct in the understanding that customisable reports can only be used when a model is created with the template Customisable report?

Hi,

No, you're not correct. customizable report work with any model. The template is just a way to pre-set some properties and provide some guidance, but you can create the properties manually in your existing model and all the magic will be there ;-)

Regards,

JB

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

bdendulk

OK. In that case I wil try and fiddle arround some more  8)

bdendulk

HI JB,

After rereading the instructions and eliminating typing errors I finally have it working correctly. THanx for your help!

Kind regards, Bart den Dulk