Archi in Docker

Started by JMSBG, June 13, 2016, 17:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMSBG

Hi,

We're considering using ArchiMate and Archi as tools to visualise our applications. The idea I have is that the raw files will be stored in source control and when commits are made the CI system checks them out and uses Archi to generate and deploy diagrams to Confluence.

Rather than have every build node have Archi installed on it it would be great to be able to deploy and execute from the command line the necessary commands to generate the diagrams from Archi

Is this possible?

Thanks
James

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

just to be clear - given that you have an *.archimate file you want to then automatically generate all diagrams in the file as image files from the command line?

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

JMSBG

Hi Phil,

Thanks for replying, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes that's basically what I want to do. I'd like to generate the files on check-in via a jenkins job. Rather than install archi on every build node, I was also wonder whether its possible to run it in docker and then generate the HTML report/diagrams from the command line in that docker container.

Thanks
James

Phil Beauvoir

Hi James,

sorry for the delay in responding, I've been exploring Jenkins and various configuration options.

Your requirements are beyond the scope of what I can offer as part of free support. I might be able to help you out with some extra support if you contact me at info@archimatetool.com

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

JMSBG

Thanks Phil, as usual (for the both of us it seems) sorry for the delayed reply. I understand this is outside your scope for the project. I will have a look myself and see if I can contribute anything otherwise I'll chase you up on the support email you've supplied.

Thanks
James