[Solved] Archi on Gentoo and Funtoo

Started by ErikR, May 14, 2016, 09:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikR

Hi,

Just want to share how I got Archi working including Hints on Gentoo and Funtoo.

I am using the 64 bit version of both OS and Archi. I have multilib enabled (i.e. a lib will be built both for 64 and 32 bit applications. I run KDE 5 as desktop environment.

I used to have problem with the Hints window that failed to load a proper version of the libWebKit-GTK-1.0.0, i.e. API generation 1.
The module to emerge (install) in Gentoo/Funtoo is net-libs/webkit-gtk:2. This missing version refer to the API version, not the lib version. This actual package installed was net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.4.9-r200.

The general default dependency are to net-libs/webkit-gtk:4, which seems to refere to API generation 3 while API generation 2 seems to be lesser used.

I restarted Archi and Hints are now working as expected.

Worht mention that I used to have big problems compile this module for a long period of time. I always got compilation error. That was when I used Gentoo while I am now using Funtoo. Major difference is that I used the stable version (amd64)  of Gentoo and am using the testing version (~amd64) in Funtoo.

Regards,
Erik

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Erik,

thanks for this. Do you know if this is an Eclipse or SWT issue? Is this something that might be fixed in later versions of Eclipse?

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

ErikR

Sorry, I don't know.

Let me see how much of effort it is to test eclipse latest version towards the default version of webkit-gtk (i.e. latest stable version using API generation 3). I will come back but it may take some time. I have a plan on how to do it :)

Is it a big task to rebuild Archi towards a later version of Eclipse?

// Erik

Phil Beauvoir

Thanks Erik.

> Is it a big task to rebuild Archi towards a later version of Eclipse?

Archi is built on Eclipse 4.4. Unfortunately there a few bugs in Eclipse 4.5 and later that for some reason they will not fix. For example, I don't think many users would appreciate menu items appearing twice - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=485931 - or where the Properties window becomes "dirty" when changing a model so that when you close the Properties window it asks you to save your model - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=372799
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.