Discussion Boards > Share your Models, Templates and Reports

Updated Report template

(1/4) > >>

Bart Ratgers:
Hello,

I like to share an updated version of the Report template. This is the last version that is based on the initial templates that are offered a long time with Archi. The next version is more modular and extendable so can easily additional properties end report types.

What is new:

* The possibility to hide ArchiMate concept types from a specific view. 
* The possibility to add a Bibliography  (Just basic).
* Add a description in a front page for a project view
* And small changesIf you have any suggestions or comment, please drop a mail or a reply.

Friendly greets, Bart

Phil Beauvoir:
Thanks, Bart. I'll definitely check these out!

Phil

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie:
Hi Bart,

I will have a look soon.

FYI, I used your idea to show only views related to a project to create a new version of the "Customizable Report". I change it a little bit to:

* Rename "Project" concept to "Tag" concept as it is more generic. The associated property name is "Report:View:Tag" (in line with convention already used)
* Create a virtual tag "All": if a view has this tag assigned, it will be show on all reports, whichever tag is selected.
@Phil, I will commit it tomorrow, I think it should be updated for Archi 3 as it helps really a lot: I'm now able to work on only one big model and generate report based on either "Application" context or "Project" context (I double tag each view with application name and project code).

JB

Phil Beauvoir:

--- Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on September 08, 2014, 21:36:10 PM ---@Phil, I will commit it tomorrow, I think it should be updated for Archi 3 as it helps really a lot: I'm now able to work on only one big model and generate report based on either "Application" context or "Project" context (I double tag each view with application name and project code.

--- End quote ---

Nice.  :)

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie:
@Bart,

I will certainly "copy" your idea about icons, but I'm still trying to figure how to do it in a more generic way. What I'd like to do is to define a mapping between property names and icons. This mapping could be stored in a specific view or something like that. The same could be done to store "report profiles" (predefined set of report sections).

I think we should be able to do really powerfull (and customizable) reports.

One typical thing I'd like to do is to create Application Interaction matrix, but this requires to extract Flows relationships between some application components... The only idea I have to do this (untested) is to query the whole model to get all relationships and then compare source and target to application components selected in a view. That's not an easy thing without SQL queries ;-)

JB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version