New HTML report tool issue with <>

Started by zakariaEIRA, April 16, 2015, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakariaEIRA

Hi,

first of all. Great HTML reporting tool. That thing is awesome and I cannot wait to see in what direction this is going? A fully online Archi would be awesome :)

Here's the issue I'm having. In my model we use special characters to denote an ArchiMate concept that has been stereotyped for usage in solution architecture (http://pubs.opengroup.org/architecture/archimate2-doc/chap09.html)

We do this by adding <<stereotype reference to architecture building block>>solution building block.
As an example.

<<Requirement>>Archiving Act.

However when exporting that with the HTML export it generates <>Archiving Act (see screenshot).

What can be done to solve that?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quotefirst of all. Great HTML reporting tool.

Thank you for your encouragement ;-)

QuoteThat thing is awesome and I cannot wait to see in what direction this is going? A fully online Archi would be awesome

Who knows ? We already have some ideas, one of them would be to add a kind of scripting engine based on alsql with ability to export result (CSV, XLS...)

Quote[...]
However when exporting that with the HTML export it generates <>Archiving Act (see screenshot).
What can be done to solve that?

I can easily understand why... Element names are used without any conversion, so should not include HTML code (and <...> is seen as a tag). This is managed for documentation but not in this case. This may be feasible but I don't have time to work on it at the moment, so expect some delay to have a definitive fix. For the moment, the only workarounds would be to use HTML escape (&lt; for example) or use another character ('[...]' for example).

If you have some knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS you can easily try to fix it yourself (the "skeleton" is inside the plugins\com.archimatetool.reports_3.2.0.201503251025\templates subfolder inside Archi). Let me know if you want to investigate.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

moathar

I have had a similar issue where I had named a template as  <template>.  The html report broke in a very strange manner in that I saw only a partial model.  Very subtle one, thankfully this post helped me in fixing the issue (basically be careful in using phrases/names which may appear as tags to the html parser).