New discussion board: Archi integration with other systems

Started by Johan2, March 21, 2017, 12:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan2

Is it an idea to create an extra discussion board, specifically focused on integrating Archi with other systems, like Active Directories, CMDB's, ISMS's etc?

Phil Beauvoir

I don't think there's that much discussion to warrant another board.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

I agree with Phil. I'd suggest to discuss this in this board and maybe create a dedicated one later if there are a proven need (and then we'll be able to move topics across boards).

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Johan2

Point taken :-)

My biggest wish is an integration with Microsoft Azure. So my Archi model connects in the most LEAN way with Azure.
Doesn't have to be a live integration, but an incidental manual one would be a great first step.

Any experience with this? Or other CMDB's?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

I used to "link" some ArchiMate models and my CMDB (based on CMDBuild). This was mainly done through CSV export/import (the nice thing with CSV import in Archi is that it will update model elements instead of creating new ones each time you run it).

BTW for those interrested, I'm working on a pre-configured instance of CMDBuild targeted at (Enterprise) Architecture. This pre-configured solution is called OpenEAR (Open Enterprise Architecture Repository). The metamodel is heavily based on ArchiMate and will support 99% of it in a smart and extensible way. The goal is to have a simple tool for Architect that allows them to collect information and reuse it simply (e.g. with Archi). This means that I'll create a standard export mecanism from OpenEAR to the ArchiMate Open Exchange format, and some semi-automated way of importing back the ArchiMate model into OpenEAR (there are some challenges if I want to allow metamodel extensions...)

Regards,

JB

Hervé

Johan2