Archi, Browser-based edits and Visio

Started by Johan2, February 07, 2017, 08:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan2

I got challenged by a director who said: Archi, nice tool, but it needs to be browser-based.
Showed him the HTML export, but he wants to be able to change content.
He favours Visio, especially the new O365 version.

I would like to combine both, so we reach a bigger audience of users.

Anyone any suggestions?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

I've created a dedicated topic for your question as it doesn't quite fit in the original thread

I don't see any way to combine Visio and Archi. And there's no plan for a web based version that would support editing model.

But depending on your need, what you can do is export your model to HTML and link some images or web pages related to your views into some wiki or Sharepoints resources. The interresting (hidden) feature is that those links will not change when you update your views and re-export your model, so your wiki pages will always be up to date.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Johan2

Ok, I will think that through.

Related question:
When you export Archi to HTML, you can have a View-element in another View. In Archi, this is directly clickable.
But in the HTML export, you have to search the viewlink in the tab below.

Is that a feature on the releaselist?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

It is now possible to clic on image inside the HTML report to navigate, this is a contribution that has been added since Archi4 beta5 (so quite recent).

So already done ;-)

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Johan2