button to Close ALL folders and sub folders ..

Started by kdwykleingeld, October 04, 2014, 05:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdwykleingeld

Hi, i would be great if there was a button to close all folders and sub folders (e.g. --) .. and also maybe to open all folders (e.g. ++) .. if you do mass find/replaces archi opens all folders and you have to manually close them all .. i have many folders and sub folders so that is some work.

Furthermore i seems that find/replace does not work on the name of a folder ?

thx koen

Phil Beauvoir

I agree that it would be nice to have a close/expand option and I'll add it to the feature request list.

Can you give an example where find/replace is not working on folders. Bear in mind that the top-level fixed folders are not editable - "Business", "Application", etc.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

kdwykleingeld

hi thx, just try it yourself.. i did 1 sec ago.. pick a string from a subfolder name and try to find/replace it .. i get message "not found"

reg koen

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, it's working here. Did you tick the box "Include Folders"? Also, the Find/Replace is incremental so it moves forward or backward depending on the currently selected tree node. Another possibility is that there is nothing selected in the tree.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

kdwykleingeld

hi youre right .. i did not see that option .. now it works ok

thx !

reg koen

kdwykleingeld

Hi,  a "close all  subfolders" button really would be very handy. When clicking through views etc pretty soon a large number of folders are opened in the models window

thx koen

Phil Beauvoir

kdwykleingeld

Phil Beauvoir

kdwykleingeld