Quality problems on image export

Started by aparicio, May 29, 2017, 08:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aparicio

Hi Archi Forum!
This is my first post here on the forum, so I have to start with saying that I love Archi! :)

I'm having a problem when doing image export of archi models. They turn out with very low quality. This happens both when exporting through clipboard and exporting to file. In addition HTML-export behaves similarly. Pretty annoying.
Examples:
Windows screenshot

Archi export

I'm using version 4.0 on windows 10. I use scaling on my screen and I thought that maybe this could be the cause of the problems but I turned scaling down to 100% and it did not make any difference.
Any pointers!

-Mario

Phil Beauvoir

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

aparicio

mdvadim

Hi all,
I have same problem. What file need to add string getImageDataAtCurrentZoom?

Phil Beauvoir

The fix will be in the next build of Archi. When that will be depends on whether we add new 2x icons to it or not.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

pds

"depends on whether we add new 2x icons to it or not"

Which is a very odd statement considering that it's nearly impossible to find a machine nowadays that doesn't' have a so called high-dpi display, which is why the eclipse people have added it.

What possible justification can there be, besides sheer beligerance as has been amply demonstrated on these forums, for not adding 2x icons? I've even produced them for you from your actual renders!

Is this a case of not-inventered-here syndrome?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: pds on June 01, 2017, 21:52:41 PM

"depends on whether we add new 2x icons to it or not"

Which is a very odd statement considering that it's nearly impossible to find a machine nowadays that doesn't' have a so called high-dpi display, which is why the eclipse people have added it.

What possible justification can there be, besides sheer beligerance as has been amply demonstrated on these forums, for not adding 2x icons? I've even produced them for you from your actual renders!

Is this a case of not-inventered-here syndrome?

You take that out of context. The full sentence was:

"The fix will be in the next build of Archi. When that will be depends on whether we add new 2x icons to it or not."

Meaning, if we go throough the process of adding new 2x icons, tweaking them, re-doing all the screenshots, etc and addinfg these to the next build then it will delay the release as this stuff takes time. It does not mean that we will not add 2x icons.

Many users don't have high-dpi displays. Me and JB included. :-)

The only reason we have not added 2x icons yet is that we don't have any that we approve of. Some of the ones you produced looked blurred on low-res.

And I have better things to do than type this.