Suppress relationship name in a view

Started by rayl, July 13, 2017, 20:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayl

Hi all

Any way to not display the Name of a Relationship in a View?  Looks like the Appearance tab has Text Position Source/Middle/Target, but there's no way to say "None"?

Ray

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

This is not possible for the moment. The only way to no see the name is to keep it empty.

Could you explain your use case leading to defining a name on a relationship but not showing it on diagram ?

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

rayl

I want to model a team and show that it has all the right people from the right places to achieve it's purpose.

The plan is to use a Business Actor for the team, with Aggregation links to the Business Actors for the team members.

Each team member has Assignment relations to several categories of Business Role, one of which is their job title. I set the Name of that Assignment to "Job title" to distinguish it from their other Business Roles.

To demonstrate the role coverage of the team, I add the job title Business Roles to the View. It's a little distracting to have "Job title" show up on each Assignment when that is clear from the context.

Phil Beauvoir

Might be a good idea to add it as a feature request to the issues list:

https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/issues

Then the FR can be tracked and open.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.