Open Sparx EA model in Archi

Started by ralfeus, July 31, 2017, 10:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralfeus

Hi there
Is there any possibility to migrate Sparx EA model to Archi? I tried to export to XMI and open it in Archi but got no luck.

Phil Beauvoir

I thought Sparx supported the ArchiMate Exchange Format? If it does you could do it this way.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Yes, latest versions of SparxEA natively support the Open Exchange File format, but I guess this will be the one for ArchiMate 2.1. So you'll certainly have to export the model, import it in Archi 3.x, save it using Archi native format and the open it in Archi 4.x.

If you have an older version of SparxEA, there's a paid plugin to do it (BEASI).

This topic has been discussed here.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

No wonder users are migrating away from Sparx to Archi. There's even a NZ business to help you do just that... ;-)

ralfeus

Ok, thank you all for tips. I've installed EA 13.5, which is able to export model to Archimate 3.0 version, which that could be imported to Archi.

Phil Beauvoir

Good to hear that!  8)