Achi 3.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04

Started by Luís, November 06, 2014, 09:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luís

Dear all,

I just installed Archi 3.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04. There is something dead
wrong with windows and views decorations (see the image attached); some
of the titles and contents are unreadable.

Is there any way to fix this and get a normal interface like in Archi 2.4?

Thank you.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

This is usually an issue with the (non standard) Gtk theme you are using. Switch back to Ubuntu theme and check if this is still true.

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Luís

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Can you please detail how to change the theme in Archi? I am not able to find it in the menus.

Thank you.

Phil Beauvoir

I think Jean-Baptiste is referring to the Ubuntu theme.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on November 06, 2014, 18:40:37 PM
I think Jean-Baptiste is referring to the Ubuntu theme.

Yes, I was.

Said differently, do you use one of the two Ubuntu themes (Radiance or Ambiance in Ubuntu System Settings > Appearance) ? If not, try to switch back to one of them.

If you do use standard themes, then you may still try to switch from one to the other (Radiance / Ambiance) as maybe an issue happened during an update or something like that.

If this still doesn't fix the issue, try several Archi themes (Preference > General).

JB

Luís

I find these references to the Ubuntu theme very odd, this is a problem with Archi not with my desktop environment. To make sure, I logged on to a Xubuntu session just to experience this same problem.

Basically the GTK theme shipped with Archi 3.0.0 is broken some how and can not be used with Ubuntu. It was not easy to find, you have to go to Edit > Preferences > General  and in the Appearence section select Classic in Theme drop down box. This way the GUI gets back to normal, as it was with Archi 2.4.

Cheers.

Phil Beauvoir

Every installation of Ubuntu i've ever installed, Archi works fine and I have three installations of 13.10, 14.04, and 14.10. Install Eclipse 4.4 itself and see if that exhibits the same problem.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Luís on November 07, 2014, 07:56:08 AM
I find these references to the Ubuntu theme very odd, this is a problem with Archi not with my desktop environment. To make sure, I logged on to a Xubuntu session just to experience this same problem.

This is incorrect. I have spent all of this morning testing Archi 3.0 on typical installations of Ubuntu 14.04, 14.10 and Xubuntu 14.04. Archi works as expected. Have you spent some time trying it on different installations? I have had no reports like this from any other Ubuntu Archi users.

Basically the GTK theme shipped with Archi 3.0.0 is broken some how and can not be used with Ubuntu. It was not easy to find, you have to go to Edit > Preferences > General  and in the Appearence section select Classic in Theme drop down box. This way the GUI gets back to normal, as it was with Archi 2.4.

Again, this is incorrect. The GTK theme shipped with Archi 3.0.0 is not broken. If you think that a simple preference is "not easy to find" then I'd be interested to know how it could be made easier to find.

Phil