find/replace and search and alignment

Started by kdwykleingeld, November 04, 2014, 09:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdwykleingeld

hi,  few questions ?

1) would it be possible to include the name of a Grouping Element in find/replace ?   

2) would it be possible to include the properties in a search for elements ?   currently archi only looks at the name of the elements it seems

3) would it be possible to make the default size of elements configurable and allow for a mass (re)set to the  default value accross views in one go ?   for example this would allow for making each box in each view of simular size ..

4) would it be possible to allow for (top left right bottom etc) aligning elements that are part of other elements .. for example if you have multiple nodes with multiple system software components per node it would be handy to align not only the nodes .. but also the elements in teh nodes ...

5) would it be possible to add a "distribute" option (just like in visio) to evenly distribute elements in a view (this results in equal space between elements

thx koen

Phil Beauvoir

1 - is already supported, Groups are included in Find/Replace.
2 - is already supported, in Search in the models tree
3 - is already supported, in Preferences, and selecting the "Default Size" button on the toolbar in a View
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

kdwykleingeld

hi, thx

1) not in archi 3.0 ?
2) ok i see now.. maybe add an option to select all properties being included ? iso having to select them one by one ..
3) i can set 1 default size for all elements .. would like a different default size for nodes  etc ..  ... and how to change all elements in all views in one go ? now i have to do it per view

thx koen

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: kdwykleingeld on November 04, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
1) not in archi 3.0 ?

Yes, just tried it. Put the focus on a View with Groups in it, then Find/Replace.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

kdwykleingeld

hi, i see .. thx .. .. same remarks as with default size .. this has to be done view by view ...

Phil Beauvoir

A Find/Replace mechanism woks in a given context. And the user has to be able to see what is found and what will be replaced in that context (highlighted). The contexts that Archi supports for Find/Replace are the Model tree and a given View. For a global find/replace, we would need to provide a global context that revealed *all* found components in a model. This would require something like a new table view to show the results of the find.

kdwykleingeld

maybe just simply add the groups elements just like "connectors"  and  "relations" to the model view .. so you have a folder called Groups that contains the groups

i guess same applies to the "Notes" element

reg koen

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: kdwykleingeld on November 04, 2014, 10:35:29 AM
maybe just simply add the groups elements just like "connectors"  and  "relations" to the model view .. so you have a folder called Groups that contains the groups

Often unknown, but from a pure ArchiMate point of view, Groups are relations, so this could make sens.

i guess same applies to the "Notes" element

Here, nothing really included in specs, but this could also make sens (but I don't know which way of doing this is the best).

JB