What can cause an "Incorrect record size"

Started by anderstn, April 16, 2018, 14:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anderstn

While trying to import the attached CSV files containing capabilities I get the "Incorrect record size" error. Now originally the Id I would have used here contained a URL. So to avoid another problem related to illegal charachters i decided to create a SHA1 hash based on the URL and combine that with a prefix. As such it occurred to me. Is there a limit to how many characters you can use in the fields, especially the Id field?

NB: The data I am importing is in Norwegian so if the contents looks like gibberish that is perfectly understandable :)

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, the relations file is missing a "Name" field.

Should be "ID", "Type", "Name", "Documentation", "Source", "Target"

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

anderstn

Ah. I forgot it as the dummy relationships we had made by hand didn't use named relationships. Still for the sake of user friendliness this message could have been a bit more informative and to the point. Why not throw a text string saying "The required field Name is missing in relations" along with the exception and just print it to the user?

Phil Beauvoir

Lost of things could be improved in Archi. I'm afraid I'm only one person who does all of this voluntarily. For free.

Please feel free to contribute a patch.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

anderstn

I'll think about it. A bit to much to do at work ATM, but if we end up using Archi beyond our initial testing I might be able to contribute on company time. So far I'm pretty impressed with the quality here given that it's a one man show :)