Exporting Custom Properties

Started by cloudey88, April 25, 2018, 14:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudey88

Hello there. Relative newcomer here.

I am working as part of a team using various inter-operable tools with the bulk using Archi currently.

Within our Archi models, we have added custom properties to a subset of model element e.g. Adding a 'colour' property for which we populate with free text.

When exporting Archi models, there seems no way to export any extended properties and thus import these into other archi instances nor, importantly, other tools e.g. Bizz, Sparx. The XSD schemas developed upon exporting don't seem to reference any of the extended properties we're using.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Phil Beauvoir

What do you mean by "custom properties"?

If you're using the ArchiMate Exchange File Format, all Archi properties are exported.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

cloudey88

Hi Phil,

This isn't what I'm finding.

In Archi, we're creating a new property by clicking a blank cell then providing a new name. When using the 'Manage Property' function we can see that several elements (>100) are using this Property, with each element having different 'values'.

Perhaps this is a BizzDesign issue. the import appears to be fine with the exception of the missing properties. Do I need to modify the Metamodel e.g. add an attribute of the recipient model to accomodate the additional property?

Phil Beauvoir

What's in the exported XML file? Can you see the properties?
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

cloudey88

Hmm...yes I can. They are clearly tagged to the correct objects also.

Phil Beauvoir

So, I guess it must be the tool that imports that has the problem.