GRAFICO are not available anymore in the models pane

Started by Sowndarya, August 20, 2018, 09:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sowndarya

We installed Archi 4.2 version recently. We have a small issue with using the GRAFICO plugin in that.
When I close Archi and open it again my models that are imported via GRAFICO are not available anymore in the models pane (I have to open them again from the location where I stored them).

The first model is stored without using the GRAFICO plugin, the second model is stored via the GRAFICO plugin.
When I close and open Archi only the first model not stored via GRAFICO is directly available.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

This behaviour is normal with Grafico as it is an import/export plugin and not an alternate persistence format. So you have to manuall re import your model each time you want to work on it and export it instead of saving it.

But most important: as stated, Grafico plugin is now deprecated and should no more been used. It has been superseeded by the Collaboration plugin.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Sowndarya

Hi,

1. But in earlier Archi version 4.0, we didn't had this issue. Do you know why it happened in Archi 4.2?

2. To replace GRAFICO by Collaboration plugin :
a. does it have impact on existing Grafico diagrams?
b. If Yes, how migration from Grafico to Collaboration plugin is handled?
c. What is the date till when Grafico will be available?. Based on that we have to plan our movement from Grafico to Collaboration plugin.
d. Do you have any documents for this?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Sowndarya on August 20, 2018, 10:40:38 AM
1. But in earlier Archi version 4.0, we didn't had this issue. Do you know why it happened in Archi 4.2?

It has never worked this way. As said Grafico works only through an import, so there are no way for Archi to re-open a model on restart. You might have had this feeling only if you saved your models somewhere (but saving a model doesn't update the Grafico folder).

Quote from: Sowndarya on August 20, 2018, 10:40:38 AM
2. To replace GRAFICO by Collaboration plugin :
a. does it have impact on existing Grafico diagrams?
b. If Yes, how migration from Grafico to Collaboration plugin is handled?
c. What is the date till when Grafico will be available?. Based on that we have to plan our movement from Grafico to Collaboration plugin.
d. Do you have any documents for this?

Grafico is just a way to export/import models to/from a bunch of XML files, so you can just import your models from Grafico and then save them using the Collaboration plugin (menu "Collaboration > Add local model to workspace and publish"). The model itself will remain the same (absolutely no changes).

If you used Grafico together with Git to manually keep an history of changes and you want to keep this history, then (as Collaboration plugin rely on the same underlying logic that Grafico), you can simply import your models using the (HTTP or HTTPS) git url through the "Collaboration > Import remote model to workspace" menu.

Grafico will stay available on github but is no more updated, so don't expect compatibility when the ArchiMate standard itself will evolve and add new concepts.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.