Training for newbies

Started by pmc29, August 09, 2018, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmc29

Hello,
I am new to this community and am desperately trying to learn how to use the Archi tool effectively. apart from the Archi training manual and one you tube video (in Spanish), I am struggling to find any good resources.
Could anyone point me in the right direction please?
I am learning, but it is slow and would appreciate any help in this area.

Thanks

Paul

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, welcome to Archi and ArchiMate.

What do you think you need to training in - Archi the tool or ArchiMate the language?

A great book for ArchiMate is Gerben Wierda's "Mastering ArchiMate III" - https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

pmc29

Hi Phil,

The Archi tool itself.
I already have the book and some other good resources, and although the tool is fairly intuitive, I am losing a lot of time searching for some of the functionality by trial and error and getting a little frustrated. I can see the value of it, but cannot take a large chunk of my working day(s) to dedicate to this.

Thanks

Paul

Phil Beauvoir

Paul,

there is no specific Archi training material that I'm aware of, apart from the User Guide and the in-built contextual help, and this forum. Bear in mind that, as an open source and free tool, the hope is that Archi users help each other. Perhaps if you have specific questions or issues you could ask them here?

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

pmc29

Phil, thanks for the advise, will do