Question: lauching Archi in java command line?

Started by orey, September 25, 2018, 21:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orey

Hi all,
Is there a command line to launch Archi with a "java [options] -jar ..." command?
I happen to work for a customer which computers can run java but not Archi.exe.
Thanks,
Olivier

Phil Beauvoir

I don't know if this is possible.

As Archi is an Eclipse-based app it relies in settings in the Archi.ini and configuration/config.ini files. Archi.exe is a launcher that reads these files and uses the /plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64xxxxxx/eclipse_1630.dll file to launch startup jars.

It might be possible but I would think that you'd have to do a lot of work to get all of this stuff loaded.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

orey

Thanks Phil, you're right I think. I've searched a bit and I didn't find anything.
I'll try the internal process of opening security for enterprise architects to use Archi.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi Olivier,

Could you better describe how Archi.exe is blocked?

In several occasions I worked for customer who have internal policy for third parties tools. Most of the time it is possible to run an exe but only if it is stored on some specific directory.

Another potential workaround is to remove the JRE provided by default with ArchiĀµ. This will force Archi.exe launcher to use the default JRE installed on the workstation.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.