Path as connection

Started by etb, December 17, 2018, 15:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etb

According to the Archimate standard it is possible to represent a Path both as a box or as a connection. See: the relevant point in the standard.

In Archi however I am missing how can I make a Path as a connection. I can do it as box, but in the palette I do not see a way to do it as a double edged dashed arrow...
I am probably missing the obvious, but  how am I supposed to connect two elements with a Path represented as a connection and not as a box?

Phil Beauvoir

Actually a Path is not a relationship (connection), it is an element. An element connects to other elements via a relationship. So even if you could show the Path as a connection you would still have to connect it to other elements with relationships.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

etb

A Path is indeed an Element,  I did not mean to state differently. What I would like to know if it is possible to represent a Path as a double edged dashed arrow instead of a box with the correct icon.

According to the standard A path connects two or more nodes. A path is realized by one or more networks. A path can aggregate nodes. To use a box represents well the "A path can aggregate nodes", but I would to use the arrow to represent the "A path connects two or more nodes" when the nodes are indeed only 2.

If it is not possible, I will just use the box representation.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Archi does not support sur alternate representation for Path, Communication Network and Distribution Network. FWIW, I'm not aware of any tool supporting it.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.