Resusing an element between models

Started by pmc29, January 08, 2019, 13:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmc29

Hello,

As part of my learning curve to use Archi, i have created a couple of separate models using Archi which are really useful.

I have now learnt that i can re-use elements within one model by creating different views.

Is there anyway i can keep and move elements i made in one model (with related metadata) to another model? The classic drag and drop doesn't work, no does copy- paste.

Or do i really have to re-create the elements again  :-[ :-[

Any clues/tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Paul

Phil Beauvoir

Models and their concepts are separate from each other and so do not share concepts, so this is not possible.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

pmc29

i was afraid you would say that  :o . Thanks though, and all part of the learning curve i guess.

Hervé

Hi Paul,

Alternatively, you can install my database plugin (https://github.com/archi-contribs/database-plugin/tree/master/v2).

This plugin allows to export/import your models to/from a SQL database. It also version all your models and components and allows you to share components (even complete views) between models.

Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask on this forum or directly on GitHub.

Best regards
Hervé

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: pmc29 on January 08, 2019, 13:48:41 PM
Is there anyway i can keep and move elements i made in one model (with related metadata) to another model? The classic drag and drop doesn't work, no does copy- paste.

Or do i really have to re-create the elements again  :-[ :-[

You can simply do a copy - paste, but from a view (from your source model) to another view (in the target model), not from the model tree itself.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.