CSV import

Started by chdessus, February 14, 2019, 09:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chdessus

Hello

I get some troubles with importing data with é è ô à.
The export with the UTF-8 option is okay. The import goes well but ARCHI replaces the expected characters by a ?
How can I solve it ? I try to check the Preferences menu and the Import description in the Archi user manual but I found nothing on that issue.

Thanks in advance.  ;)
Christine

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, the imported file needs to be UTF-8 encoded. That attached file is not UTF-8.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

chdessus

Got it.. extension is now .txt and the file is correctly imported
8)  ;D

Phil Beauvoir

> I try to check the Preferences menu and the Import description in the Archi user manual but I found nothing on that issue.

I've added a note to the help file to say that UTF-8 is needed on import. Will be in the next release.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

chdessus

nemethy

Hi, I developed some utility scripts, and an example script for importing data from an excel .xlsx file, using Apache POI Java.
It consists of 4 helper subscripts and a main example script.
What is the best way to share it with the community?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: nemethy on November 05, 2023, 14:47:54 PMWhat is the best way to share it with the community?

Usually, people share scripts through GitHub Gist, make sure your description contains '#jArchi'. See this page for a bit more information: https://github.com/archimatetool/archi-scripting-plugin/wiki/Community-shared-scripts

Regards,

JB