Copy and pasting view folders and sub-folder structure

Started by Manj75, April 01, 2019, 13:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manj75

I'm managing a team of Architects at my organisation and working on implementing architecture practices one of which is the use of ArchiMate and with Archi tool.  We'll be using the Archi Collaboration Plug-in to encourage collaborative working on a single model for the organisation and I have created a draft structure of standard folders in the 'Views' folder.  One of these is a Projects folder with a template structure of an example project and typical viewpoints that need to be implemented for each project.

What I need is the ability for each member to go into Archi and simply copy and paste the template project folder renaming it for their specific project, which would also copy all underlying sub-folders and template view points.  Is this at all possible with Archi out of the box?  If not can a plug-in be created to do this?

Thanks.

Phil Beauvoir

Archi has support for templates as starting points for new models. Copy and Paste of folders, no. Duplicate objects, views, yes.

> If not can a plug-in be created to do this?

By me, no. By someone else, doubtful.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Manj75 on April 01, 2019, 13:17:16 PM
What I need is the ability for each member to go into Archi and simply copy and paste the template project folder renaming it for their specific project, which would also copy all underlying sub-folders and template view points. Is this at all possible with Archi out of the box?  If not can a plug-in be created to do this?

This is not possible out of the box but you could easily create a jArchi script to do that.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.