No index.html in report directory

Started by SpeedyVV, May 24, 2019, 16:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyVV

Hi folks:
    When I generate a HTML report, looks like everything works, except there is no index.html file created.

What am I missing?

Version 4.4.0 on Windows 10

Thanks

Phil Beauvoir

Could you please give the exact steps to reproduce the issue. Please also check that the target folder is empty first.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

SpeedyVV

With Model open:
  1 File-> Reports -> HTML...
  2 Make new directory, OK
  3 Click the new directory, OK

Then Progress Information dialog progress and no error messages.

Then Progress dialog goes away. Go check the directory, and no index.html

Elements folder has about 1000 html files including model.html.

EDIT: I just went to the Business Folder and rightclicked -> Preview HTML Report. Same thing, progress dialog, no erros, then nothing.

Phil Beauvoir

Does it do this for all models? Try with a new, simple model.

Check the Error Log. This can be accessed in Archi by selecting the "About Archi" menu item. In the dialog box press the "Installation Details" button, then select the "Configuration" tab and press the "View Error Log" button.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

SpeedyVV

Phil Beauvoir

That means there is no error log created.

As I said, please try with a different model. If that fails, please re-install Archi or try it on a different installation or machine. Clearly this normally works so we have to find out what's different.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

@Phil : two colleagues recently faced the same issue. I'll investigate with them as they can reproduce the issue.

Regards,

JB

Phil Beauvoir

@JB This is strange.

Looking at the code, in class "HTMLReportExporter" if it creates all the individual files and folders the only thing left to do is populate the "modelreport.stg" file and write that to the main .html file. I wondered if perhaps "modelreport.stg" might be missing?

It it caused by a particular model, then please email me a copy of the model so I can test it.

Phil Beauvoir

After a lot of time and trial and error I have found the cause: an out of memory error.

From the original screenshot here I deduced the model causing the error was the "BIAN_team_v1.archimate" model found here - https://github.com/wilmerkrisp/bian

I could reproduce the error when exporting the model to HTML Report on the Windows 10 (64-bit) version of Archi.

I narrowed it down to Java running out of Heap Space when allocating memory when generating an image for one of the Views - "$Wealth Management" in the "wireframes" folder.

If you open this View in Archi and right-click and select "Copy As Image To Clipboard" you'll get an error dialog reporting "Java Heap Space".

The solution is to edit the Archi.ini file and change this:

-Xmx1024m

to this:

-Xmx2048m

Or you could remove this altogether if you have 8gb or more memory.

For the next release of Archi I will remove this limit on heap size.

You're welcome.  8)