Import File

Started by Richard, April 25, 2019, 15:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Could anyone give me some help? I have problems importing an Archimate BIZZdesign.XML  It gives errors.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Richard,

there's no way to tell from that screenshot. Can you describe exactly what the file is, how you got it, how you are importing it and any other information. Also if you could share the file or part of it as well.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Richard

Hi Phil,
The Dutch government is using BIZZdesign for making up the processes in the care. This file then is made downloadable. Attached you will find this file in XML.
In Archimate I'm using the possibility of Importing > Model for Open Exchange File. Then I get the error: see attachment A2.
Hope this gives you some more information.

Richard

Phil Beauvoir

Richard, that XML file is an older version exchange format file for ArchiMate 2.1. You need to have a 3.0.1 file. Perhaps there is an option in the BIZZdesign tool to export in that format? Or perhaps you need to update the BD software?
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Richard

Phil, if I download the Archimate 2.1 version, I might read that file then? Do you have it available in that version?

Phil Beauvoir

Archi 4.4 supports ArchiMate 3.0.1 and the associated Exchange Format.

You need to be using a version of BizzDesign that also supports ArchiMate 3.0.1 and that Exchange Format.

The last version of Archi to support ArchiMate 2.1 is from 2016 and is no longer supported and way out of date.

Can't you just use a later version of BizzDesign?

Richard

Unfortunately, I don't have Bizzdesign. I have to ask now if they could send it in the 3.0.1 format.
Is Bizzdesign also an Archi tool? Do I otherwise need to purchase that tool?

Phil Beauvoir

BizzDesisgn are a Dutch company and they make an ArchiMate supported tool.

If, as you say, the Dutch Government have contracted with you and your consultancy company to import BD produced files into Archi, it might be best to go back to them and see if they can set you up with the right background information and XML files.

Otherwise, I can be contracted to do data conversions.

mukeller

I wanted to hop in on this thread.

I'm also having trouble using the archimate exchange format with BiZZdesign's tool. According to their documentation, they support Archimate 3.0 in their export.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the latest version of both BiZZdesign and Archi on this?

Would it help if one (or both) of the tools had an option for Archimate version to export as?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: mukeller on October 03, 2019, 15:00:18 PM
I wanted to hop in on this thread.

I'm also having trouble using the archimate exchange format with BiZZdesign's tool. According to their documentation, they support Archimate 3.0 in their export.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the latest version of both BiZZdesign and Archi on this?

Would it help if one (or both) of the tools had an option for Archimate version to export as?

Best to contact bizdesign about this. Archi only supports ArchiMate 3.0.1 and that version of the exchange format.

Phil Beauvoir

This is not biZdesign help desk forum so I'm closing this.