Model corrupt, what can I do?

Started by gevaertw, February 07, 2020, 12:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gevaertw

I am using the latest version of Archi on a Mac
I also use the Hervé database plugin and the jArchi plugin.  Both are used frequently

When working on a particular model for a few weeks now there were absolutely no problems.  Until this morning when I tried to continue my work.

"This model is incompatible, Unresolved reference.." is the message I get, followed by an Id.  When I lookup the ID in the XML I can find it once
<sourceConnection xsi:type="archimate:Connection" id="31c54ed2-7210-4e8d-8ba8-c3cc055336ea" source="536a5c64-40bd-41b1-9239-2235160a31a9" target="240dcc74-5c74-4565-8301-531e75bec7fe" archimateRelationship="98eb2634-f905-4097-9cc4-7629235fd684"/>

I deleted the entire line and a next pops up, and another one, all in the same <element> </element>.   I ended up deleting everything between one <element> </element> block. This brings me back my model, but it seems start is stil bugged.  I cannot export it to the open format anymore (Error Exporting null), also the Database plugin from Hervé  refuses to do its job.

If I recover my model from previous versions (the model is stored on Onedrive) I have the same behaviour, at least 5 versions in the past have the "incompatible" error.  These last 5 versions represent a lot of work (+10hours) that I prefer not to redo.  I don't think I lose a lot with that one bloc of <element> </element>, but I want to be sure that my model is now healthy (not being able to export does not give me a safe feeling)

What can I do to have my model back?
Can I do something with the backup file?

Tnx

Phil Beauvoir

When saving a model Archi will check its integrity. If something is wrong you will not be able to save it. This avoids saving a corrupt model. The same is true for jArchi (version 0.6 and greater). (I can't speak for the DB plug-in.)

So, it seems like a relationship is missing or one of its ends. How this happened could be anything.

You can send me a copy of the model file in email I can try to fix it.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

gevaertw

Can I say likewise if the model is corrupt it will not open, or if a model opens it is healthy?

If I am sure my model is healthy, that is enough.  At this Point I can open the model after deleting 1 block.

I will also try to Re-Install Archi and all its plugins.

Hervé

QuoteWhen saving a model Archi will check its integrity. If something is wrong you will not be able to save it. This avoids saving a corrupt model. The same is true for jArchi (version 0.6 and greater). (I can't speak for the DB plug-in.)

The database plugin does not check for model integrity. It saves all the model content to the database as it is.

Best regards
Hervé

gevaertw

@Phil

To what address I can send the model?

tnx

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: gevaertw on February 10, 2020, 09:48:41 AM
@Phil

To what address I can send the model?

tnx

My email address is in my forum profile.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.