Namespaces

Started by eduardobbs, February 24, 2020, 09:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eduardobbs

Do you think it is possible to have some kind of native namespacing capability in the notation?
The idea would be to have some kind of "Bounded Context" capabilities (like DDD), helping to achieve a ubiquitous language with the business stakeholders.

Hypothetical use case example:
Let's say that I have a Data Object called Log which is used everywhere in the enterprise,
In the eCommerce Payments domain/subdomain I need Log, but its design/use will be very specific to its domain and subdomain (context).
I could just name it "eCommerce Payments Log" and it would be different from "Finance Log" or "eCommerce Browse & Shop Log".

But how do I create good views/models if my elements have a lot of boilerplate in their names?
Readability becomes highly affected.
Do you think it would be a good solution to have a common way to implement "namespaces" within the Archimate notation itself?
Do you have any other suggestions?

Another concern is to have two building blocks with the same type and name in the model repository. In this case, I think this post about Herve's DB plugin is useful since other people have the same concerns:
https://forum.archimatetool.com/index.php?topic=471.0