Archi .puml marriage

Started by Prasun, March 09, 2020, 13:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prasun

Dear Gurus,

Archi being one of the best EA tool and archimate a great standard to follow there are attempts to make it more mainstream.

For Organizations adopting to agile way needs support for Jira/Confluence. Good thing is already some of the confluence plugins comes from plantUML for drawing Archimate views ( please note this is different from sequence diagrams that are commonly sought after).

I was checking if there an adapter available or envisaged in future for converting an archi view to puml and vice versa. This might mean the elements & relationships created from the "Archimate" extension of puml, or ability to export an archi view as puml( encompassing only the elements definitions that are used in the view).

Thanks in advance.
Prasun

PS : I have searched through the topic in the forum and found 4 links which are discussing mostly on the puml sequence diagrams , which is not of my interest.

Phil Beauvoir

I'm not aware of any existing import/export PlantUML plug-ins for Archi. However, because Archi is open source, someone (not suggesting it's you) who has an interest in this could have a go at developing something. It's not something that I intend to do myself.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

I guess the easiest way of doing it is by creating a jArchi script.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on March 09, 2020, 15:05:23 PM
Hi,

I guess the easiest way of doing it is by creating a jArchi script.

Regards,

JB

Why do I always forget about jArchi?  ;D