Import CSV : Incorrect Record Size error

Started by CGO_ALM, February 17, 2020, 16:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CGO_ALM

Hi,

I'm trying to import the attached CSV file as a test in a test model but I still get the "Incorrect record size" error.
I don't understand why because, first I exported the elements.csv file. I just wanted to re-import the same file without updates but it doesn't work. Same problem if I want to add new lines.
Is there something I don't see ?

Thank you for you help

Phil Beauvoir

There are too many double quotes like """" and commas are in the wrong places. I don't think this was the result of an Archi export.

Open it up in a text editor and you can see.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

CGO_ALM

Thank you for you quick answer.
If I use single quote (see file attached), I get the "Type should be of ArchiMate element type" error...

Phil Beauvoir

I mean you use pairs of double quotes. It should be like this

"ID","Type","Name","Documentation"

If you export from Archi to CSV files and look at how that is formatted you'll see. It's also documented in the User Guide.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

KenGarvey

Phil Beauvoir

Actually, in this case, the quote marks are in the wrong place. The Archi User Guide does have an example of correct format. If in doubt, export from Archi to CSV, and open the file(s) in a plain text editor to see the format.