Scripting Views

Started by bigyin, April 15, 2020, 11:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigyin

Would be grateful for a few pointers:
Scripting the creation of service model that links to a selected capability, and generating a) a view for each service and b) an updated Service model showing all that link to the capability.

Questions
- I want to use Grouping around some concepts - cant seem to find the correct JArch commands
- As I can be sure how many services etc, doing a fixed layout is difficult, is there any JArchi Commands to do auto layout (beautify etc)

Any other pointers in this direction gratefully received, as I am learning better by example

Phil Beauvoir

By "grouping" do you mean adding concepts to folders? If so, see https://github.com/archimatetool/archi-scripting-plugin/wiki/jArchi-Object#add

Or do you mean creating a visual Group in a View? See https://github.com/archimatetool/archi-scripting-plugin/wiki/jArchi-Object#createobject

There are no commands in core jArchi for auto-layout. Perhaps someone else has written a script for this? If not, then it would be possible for someone to write one (not my speciality, I'm afraid).
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

bigyin

Not folders, (have that based on your previous help) but the grouping (grey box) for readability..

Phil Beauvoir

Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

bigyin

Sorry to be a pain.

I am able to create the group as shown, what I ant to do is include series of elements e.g grouping all business services in a Group, or all the application services etc. While I can paint one on top of the other it does not mean they are included within, hence move with it, as would be the case when i do it manually.

Trying to block bits of the view (dynamically)

Phil Beauvoir

You have to add the concept to the group. For example:

// Select first view
var view = selection.first();
// Create and add a group
var group = view.createObject("group", 10, 200, -1, -1);
// Create a Business Actor concept and add to model
var actor = model.createElement("business-actor", "Oscar");
// Add this to the Group
group.add(actor, 10, 10, -1, -1);

Phil Beauvoir

bigyin

Thanks. One Step at a time ...

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

For layout, you can leverage existing JavaScript libraries like dagre.

You can also look at Herve's script which uses dagre and other libraries: https://forum.archimatetool.com/index.php?topic=639.msg3563

Regards,

JB